Mothers Day Ideas in Boston
However you celebrate Mother's Day (or Father's Day for that matter!), there's so many fun things to do around Boston on a nice summery weekend in May and June. Of course we recommend taking your mom on our food tour, especially if she enjoys learning about local history as well as eating new and interesting food.
Here are some ideas for "Mother's Day" in Boston:
1. Take Our Food Tours! We are running lots of fun guided food and chocolate tours during Mother's Day weekend including a Harvard Square Chocolate Tour, Harvard Square Food Tour, Union Square Food Tour, Jamaica Plain Food Tour, and Davis Square Food Tour. Woohoo!
2. Memories of Mothers @ Mt. Auburn Cemetery - This is an interesting event that you could do in Harvard Square after our Food Tour which ends right beforehand. The Friends of Mt. Auburn Cemetery have put together a docent-led stroll around the Mt. Auburn Cemetery in historic Harvard Square to explore the symbols of motherhood found on monuments and visiting the graves of notable mothers who are buried there.
3. Alice's Table Floral Arranging Classes - There's a whole calendar of events around Mother's Day from this really interesting company that teaches guests how to make gorgeous floral arrangements. I remember one of my favorite birthday parties growing up was a floral arranging class, and this looks really elegant and fun.
4. Sip & Script - Maybe calligraphy is more your jam? I've always wanted to learn calligraphy, and this could be just the place. I am eyeing the event on May 10th at Brookline Village's new specialty cheese shop Curds & Co.
5. Albertine Press Crafting Event - This really cool stationery shop opened up in Inman Square, Cambridge and they are offering a Recycled Magazine Keepsake class that parents can do with their kids. I myself love doing mixed media art, so I thought this one sounded really fun. But of course our nearby Union Square Food Tour is happening at 2pm that day.
6. Lilac Sunday at the Arnold Arboretum - After our JP Food Tour which starts at 11am, join the 110th annual Lilac Sunday event in which one of the premier collections of lilacs in the world is on display and celebrated. 45-minute tours are also available but you can also wander through the lilacs on your own.
Whatever you do, we hope you enjoy yourself.
Lizzie & Sam